Over 6000 K-12 and higher education projects completed. Experienced innovation delivered.
Sustainable design that draws on experience and creativity.
In addition to drawing from Capital’s 75 year old relationships with education architects and the Department of State Architecture (DSA), our team is comprised of industry experts each with 20-40 years of experience in education design.
Architect’s trust us because our experience and culture of innovation is an assurance that we will deliver a quality project within scope. Bringing sustainable design solutions to school projects can be extremely challenging due to budget constraints. At Capital, our ability to innovate within prescribed budgets keeps the high-fives coming.
5000+ K-12 Education Facilities
Schools want simple systems with proven performance.
Unlike hospitals, schools only work for 8 hours, not 24 hours. At Capital, we consider the cost of maintenance for educational institutes and look ahead for the client so we don’t over-design.
Applying high-performance building concepts and sustainable design to schools has not been the norm for school projects in California. However, this is changing, especially since Capital has incorporated advanced concepts such as geothermal heat pumps, displacement ventilation, indirect evaporative cooling and dedicated outside air delivery systems.
- Completed 5,000+ K-12 educational facilities under the State School Building Program
- Completed projects in 100+ school districts
- Master planning for 30+ school districts
- 30+ new high schools
- 50+ new middle schools
- 100+ new elementary schools
- 600+ modernizations, reconstructions and additions in the last 5 years valued in excess of $4 billion.
K-12 Education Lead
Sustainable design that draws on
experience and creativity
Bringing sustainable design solutions to community college projects can be extremely challenging due to budget constraints. At Capital, our ability to innovate within prescribed budgets keeps the high-fives coming.
Community Colleges Lead
1000+ Higher Educational Facilities
We design for purposeful long term performance
- New classroom buildings
- Laboratory and research facilities
- Parking Structures
- Projects at 10 California State University campuses including Sacramento, Bakersfield, Chico, Fresno, Hayward, Humboldt, San Luis Obispo, Stanislaus, Sonoma, and San Jose
- 300+ projects for the University of California at Davis, Irvine, Merced, and Santa Cruz.